1 lb. lean ground beef
10-12 cabbage leaves
1 cup brown rice (cooked)
2 jars of spaghetti sauce
2 medium tomatoes
*For added veggies: Sauté onion, green pepper, and diced mushroom in olive oil, and add to the cooked ground beef.
- Brown the lean ground beef and rinse of any grease.
- Boil the cabbage leaves in salt water for approximately 7 minutes. Remove from water and place on a plate to cool. You will probably have a lot of cabbage left over from your head of cabbage, so boil the remaining cabbage in a pot of water and season with salt and pepper for an additional side dish. Or, shred it for coleslaw!
- Sprinkle the meat with onion powder, garlic salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked rice to the meat mixture along with eggs and one jar of spaghetti sauce. Stir.
- Spray a 9×13 glass dish with cooking spray. Fill each cabbage leaf with meat mixture, and wrap. Place the wraps in a glass baking dish upside down so the wrapped portion of the leaf is on the bottom.
- Cover the wraps with one jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.
- Top with fresh tomatoes and serve with parmesan cheese.
Subscribe to blog via email: Enter your email address on the home page to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
This post may be linked at one of the link parties listed here.