Try this recipe for a filling meal all in one dish! This meal is a great balance of carbs, protein, and veggies. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family likes it!
½ or 1 lb. lean ground beef
2 T. oil
3 fresh zucchini
½ yellow pepper
½ orange pepper
2 c. instant brown rice
½ c. light sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 ¾ c. extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef, rinse, and set aside.
- Add oil to a large, non-stick skillet. Turn on stove to medium heat.
- Cut zucchini into small, bite-size pieces. Chop yellow and orange pepper with a food chopper. Add these three ingredients to the skillet, and sprinkle with onion powder and pepper. Cook while you continue other preparation, but don’t forget to stir every-so-often.
- Cook the brown rice and add to skillet, along with the ground beef.
- Stir the sour cream, chicken soup, and eggs into the ingredients in the skillet. Allow to cook for approximately 10 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Mix in the cheese. Transfer mixture to a 9×13 glass casserole dish, but don’t forget to spray with cooking spray first!
- Bake at 375 degrees for thirty minutes or until the top begins to brown.