This week has been very busy, and the busyness continues! On Wednesday I made 68 cupcakes and two trays of brownies for a church kids’ party and a piano party/recital! I was supposed to acquire 72 cupcakes out of the mixes, but I must have made a couple of them a little large! And yes, I used a boxed mix! If you buy the correct brand, those mixes taste great! Anyway, both parties were a lot of fun, and I think everyone had a great time!
My Christmas cards are finally in the mail, with the exception of a few more that I need to drop in the box! I have several Christmas gifts purchased, but I’m not totally finished in that department! Last weekend was the youth Christmas program at church, and this weekend will conclude with accompanying the church choir on the piano for our Christmas cantata!
With Christmas right around the corner, I thought I would post a yummy muffin recipe! Maybe you would like to try it out as your Christmas morning muffin! The great thing about these muffins is that you can refrigerate them for around a week! Just pop one or two in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, and you have a delicious breakfast or snack ready to enjoy!
1 ½ c. milk
½ c. apple sauce (unsweetened)
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 c. steel-cut oats
2 c. whole-wheat flour
1 c. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
2 c. chocolate chips
1 c. dried cranberries or yellow raisins (or both!)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the eggs, milk, apple sauce, and vanilla.
- Add the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir well.
- Finish by adding the chocolate chips and cranberries or raisins. Stir.
- Divide the mixture into muffin tins, and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 18 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the tins and allow them to cool. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week!
2 Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable Gift.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.