Today’s recipe is definitely in the category of comfort food, but it’s not terribly unhealthy! Spaghetti is my favorite food. I have loved it since I was a little girl, and my mother made it once a week when I was growing up. Some of you may think this is totally gross, but I actually love to drink a tall glass of milk with my spaghetti! And yes, I like pizza and milk too! I hope this recipe will be helpful to your family! It is also great for church fellowships, family reunions, or any place you need to take a covered dish!
Recipe Tip: One important rule I like to follow in the kitchen is rinsing ground beef, even if it is extra lean! Rinsing off the extra grease is just much better for the body!
12 oz. box veggie noodles (store-bought pasta made from vegetables)
8 oz. fresh spinach
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
2, 24 oz. jars spaghetti sauce
8 slices provolone cheese
16 oz. light sour cream
3-5 fresh tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil and drain veggie noodles according to package instructions. Add spinach to the boiling noodles a few minutes before the noodles are finished.
- Brown and rinse ground beef.
- Spray 9×13 glass dish with cooking spray.
- Pour one jar of sauce into glass dish. Add noodles and spinach on top.
- Add ground beef.
- Place provolone cheese on top of meat and spread sour cream over cheese.
- Pour second jar of sauce on top.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Top with fresh tomatoes before serving.